Monday 22 June 2009

Midland XC Round 2

This was a race i did last weekend.
It was at a place called Hanchurch and the course was fast and flowing around a rolling woodland area. And i loved it. Coach got my tyre selection perfect with the panaracer fire xc pro on the front and i had so much grip. I started off well and was in the front group of the womens race along with Jenn (team mate) and Annie Last (Halfords) I made a few mistakes on a rooty section which saw these two get away but i rode myself into the race and tried to keep my pace as high as possible all the way. Unfortunately i was nearing the end of my 4th lap when my pedal broke. The spring had snapped and so there was no way of clipping in. I had to make my way back as quick as possible to pit where coach could quickly whip a pedal off his bike and put it on mine. Then i carried on with the race on my last lap giving it everything to try make up any time id lost. I felt like i rode better as the race went, i still think the initial start effort can effect me on my second lap and then i seem to ride back into it. Interval work should sort this out!


I finished 2nd in the end behind jenn as Annie Last pulled out after the 4th lap as she had been ill and didnt want to risk making anything worse. Again i just loved my taurine that little bit more as it was riding so well and by the end of it i was definately looking forward to the challenge of mountain mayhem, which meant some quality time on the mtb.

No comments:

Post a Comment