Wednesday 15 April 2009

First Time Trial and Scotland.

Ive very much been enjoying my 2 weeks off work for easter. It has been quite a luxury to go back to my old student ways of lying in til like mid day.

On friday though i didnt have chance to lie in and had to get myself to macclesfield by 9, ready for the Buxton Hilly Time Trial. This was going to be my 1st proper TT, although thats a slight lie as i have done a 10 before but i didnt take it seriously at all.

So we got in the team car and off we went. We drove the course before we arrived at sign on and i was glad to have done that but i did also think 'what am i getting myself in for!' But 2 laps i though would be ok.

But we had 3 (much to andys delight), so now i was definately thinking how am i going to survive this.

I did find it really hard, obviously physically but also mentally. Being on my own knowing that all i was racing against was the time just wasnt a great feeling. I did my usual - get too excited so started fast, then blew on the 2nd lap, then regained some kind of speed on the 3rd lap. Also i was descending like a wuss due to lack of braking power in the wet, which made for some interesting cornering.

I managed to get 2nd woman which i was pleased with and as a team we did really well with Jenn 1st and Nadine 3rd. It was the sort of thing i really enjoyed... after i had finished. :)


So after that i had another hard day the next day. I attempted the local cafe racing which i got blown out of due to really tired legs.

Next day was a very early start for me as i drove up to innerleithen to meet Jenn and Andy for a day of MTBing. We did the innerleithen and glentress red routes and although we tried to keep a steady pace i was still tired after. At innerleithen i suffered 2 punctures and had to walk down the last amazing descent which was a bit annoying. But then we changed my wheels to tubeless so i had no such problem at glentress and could blast down the descents. It was such a fun day.


So now I've stayed up in Scotland to spend the week with my boyfriend before back to work on monday. I also have a Midlands XC on Sunday which im looking forward too. Getting another race in my legs will be such a good thing.


Ill keep you posted.


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment